I hope everyone is enjoying the last few days of summer. Below is some important information regarding the reopening of school.
1. The NAFCS reopening plan has recently been updated. You can find an updated copy of the plan on our website: nafcs.org. I encourage you to access the plan and review the information.
2. Information on wearing a Mask: Due to the Floyd County Health Dept issuing a face covering mandate for all residents, our students will also be required to wear masks. At this time, face shields will be allowed, but only if a mask is also worn as well. I’ve attached a copy of the Face Covering Mandate from the health department. Masks/face coverings will be required on buses. I encourage you to practice wearing a mask with your child; this will make the transition to wearing a mask at school a bit smoother.
3. Food Services has sent a mailing to all NAFCS families. Within the mailing you should find 2 barcodes for your child. If your child plans to purchase breakfast on the first day of school, please send a barcode with him/her. This will make it easier for our food service department to identify your child and charge his/her account accordingly. Attached to this email is the parent letter that was included in the mailing. It has information on how to put money on your child’s account as needed.
4. DIGITAL LEARNING – Families that have registered for digital learning will need to pick up devices and textbooks next week. We will be issuing these items on Monday, 9:00 – 2:00, Tuesday, 9:00 – 7:30, and Wednesday 9:00 – 2:00. You will need to bring a photo ID to pick up your child’s device and textbooks. This is only for families that have registered for digital learning. Our traditional learners will receive devices on the first day of school; these devices will stay at school.
5. TRADITIONAL LEARNING – If you have not completed the Google Form regarding transportation for your child and whether or not your child will eat breakfast and lunch at school, please use this link to complete: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EthsdpNjEfSRJlWDCmuK4vQ_hmylQG-hn2ziMQpmkDo/edit?usp=sharingWe do give all of our buses an assigned color: 17-1: Red Bus, 20-10: Blue Bus, 20-7: Purple Bus, 21-9: Green Bus, 21-5: Brown Bus, 20-6: Orange Bus.
6. We are working on finalizing class lists. I am hopeful to share homeroom teachers with families via email early next week. We will allow our traditional families to drop off school supplies on Friday, August 7th 9:00 – 2:00, Monday, August 10th 9:00 – 2:00, and Tuesday, August 11th 9:00 – 2:00.
Our school building has not been the same since the students have been gone. I am really looking forward to seeing our students and staff back at school! The first day of school is one of my most favorite days of the year, although this one will look different, it’s still exciting to be back!